Forgot Password for Macbook Pro: In this article, we will explain you about how to restore the forgot password for Macbook Pro. It is very common for everyone to forget the passwords nowadays. To maintain the security, will we use different passwords for different accounts. Due to this, there is a chance of remembering the password quickly. If you cannot log into your Mac with your Apple ID, then you can use Recovery Mode on your Macbook Pro to Reset the Password. You can also reset a password with another admin account on the computer. If you know your password, you can change it from the Users & Groups menu.
If you can’t remember your administrator password, then you may have difficulty in logging into your account. You may need to perform various tasks that require an administrator password.There are many ways to reset the forgot password for Macbook Pro. You can change a user account password, using one of the following methods.
Methods to Reset the Forgot Password for
There are four methods to reset the forgot password for Macbook Pro. We will explain you in details with clear steps in below.
- Use Apple ID to Reset Password
- Using Recovery Mode
- Using a Different Admin Account
- Use the Installer CD or DVD
Method 1: Reset the Forgot Password for Macbook Pro using Apple ID
- Try entering the wrong password for three times.
- Then a message appears saying ” If you forgot your password you could reset it using your Apple ID.”
- Click on that option to start the Apple ID based reset.
- Now enter the Apple ID details carefully, these are same as used to log into App Store, iTunes, and iCloud, etc.
- Then click the “Reset Password.”
- Enter the new password and let the Macbook boot as usual.
- Also, create a new Keychain because when you log in after using your new password, you cannot access your Keychain.
- It is because the Keychain is only secured with your original admin password, and cannot be accessed with the new password for security reasons.
Method 2: Using Recovery Mode to Reset the Forgot Password for Macbook Pro
- First, reboot your Mac to get recovery mode option.
- Then click on the “Utilities and Select Terminal.”
- Type reset password and press return. This option will open the Reset password utility.
- Then select the drive with the Operating System is on.
- Enter your new admin password twice.
- Click “Save” to save your new password.
- Restart your Mac and log in with the new password.
Method 3: Using Different Admin Account to Reset Password
- Open the System Settings by clicking Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- Select “Users & Groups.”
- Click on the padlock option at the bottom of the window.
- Then select your original account.
- In the settings, click the “Reset Password” button.
- Now you can create a new password for your account.
- Enter the password twice and confirm it
- Clik on “Change Password” to save it.
Finally, you will be able to login to your account with your new password.
Method 4: Reset the Forgot Password for Macbook Pro by installing CD or DVD
- Insert the Mac OS X install disk into your drive.
- Then reboot the Mac and hold down the “C” key to boot from the disk.
- After booting, select your language preference.
- Then pull down the ‘Utilities’ menu to “Password Reset” or ” Reset Password.”
- Now select the disk which the password needs to be reset on.
- Also, choose the Username and then enter the new password.
- Reboot the Mac as usual and your Mac OS password will be reset.
By following these four methods, you will be able to reset the forgot password for Macbook Pro.