Forgot Password on iPad: Can’t you sign in to your iPad/iPhone/Any iOS Device? You no need to worry if you have forgotten password on iPad or iPhone or any other iOS devices. It is very common for everyone to forgot password on iPad or iPhone or any other devices. It is possible to fix and restore your iOS password on iPod, iPad, or iPhone. Even if you have typed the wrong password in six times and it shows that “iPad is disabled” message, which is not to bother. There are various methods to solve when you forgot password on iPad.
So in this article, we will explain to you how to keep a safe backup when you forgot password on iPad. If you are already locked out, then you will lose some of your data, but you can also recover them as well. You can retrieve the access back on your iPad by following the simple ways that are mentioned below.
Methods For How to Restore When You Forgot Password on iPad
The most important thing is unless you made a backup of your device before forgot password on your iPad, you may lose some of your data. The following methods will also work with for anyone with an iPod Touch.
Apple advises the following methods:
- If you have synced your iPad, iPhone or iPod with iTunes. Then you can use iTunes to erase your device and remove your passcode.
- If you have signed in to iCloud and have enabled Find My iPhone, then you can use the iCloud to wipe your device.
- You can use the recovery mode to delete your device when you can’t sync or connect to iTunes and iCloud.
We will explain in detailed how to remove your device and remove your passcode using all the three of the above methods.
Method 1: How to use iTunes to Reset the Forgot Password on iPad
If you’ve recently synced your device with iTunes, you can restore your device. This method will erase the device the password.
- Connect your iPad, iPod or iPhone to PC or Mac that you synced with iTunes.
- Open the iTunes.
- If it asked for a password, use another computer that you have previously synced with or use recovery mode.
- If iTunes does not automatically sync your device, then use the ‘Sync’ button to sync the device.
- Once the backup and sync are complete, click on ‘Restore’ option.
- When you see the Set-Up screen while restoring your iPad, tap Restore from iTunes backup.
By this way, you can restore when you forgot password on iPad.
Method 2: How to Erase Your Device with iCloud to Remove Your Passcode
If you have the Find My iPhone on your iOS device or Mac, then you can use iCloud to delete and restore it. This method will remove the password.
- First, go to the iCloud website in the browser.
- Then sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click on All Devices at the top of your browser window.
- Select the iPad device.
- Then click on Erase to erase your device and its passcode.
Finally, you can restore from a backup or setup as new.
Method 3: How to use Recovery Mode to reset the forgotten passcode
If you have never synced with iTunes or iCloud, then you will need to use recovery mode to restore your device. This method will erase the device and the password.
- Connect your iPad to your Computer and open iTunes.
- Once the device is connected, force restarts it.
- Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home Button at the same time.
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time.
- When you see the Apple logo on the screen, don’t release the buttons.
- Keep holding both the buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
- Then iTunes will download the software for your device. It will take more than 15 minutes.
- After that, your device will exit the recovery mode, and you need to repeat the steps 2 and 3.
- Wait until the process is complete.
At last, you can restore your device when you forgot password on iPad. And you can set up and use your device.